Human and Labor Rights
At Flextronics, our people have the greatest impact on our success. In return
for their dedication, we offer a work environment in which they can learn and
improve as they advance their careers and achieve their life goals.
- We have invested millions of dollars to upgrade dormitories, cafeterias and
safety standards across our facilities in China to provide employees with more
conducive work and living environments.
- We have established extensive labor relations programs to build a work
environment that fosters teamwork, facilitates learning and promotes open
- We conduct regular employee communication sessions to facilitate dialogue
between senior leadership and employees.
- We hold recreational, social and community service activities to improve the
health and well-being of our employees.
- We have established career enhancement programs designed to facilitate
employee career progression within the company.
We are committed to respecting our employees’ labor and human rights while
continuously improving their working conditions through the following set of
Flextronics Leading the Way
- Freely chosen employment
- Prohibitions on child labor
- Fair compensation, wages and benefits
- Respect for working hours and rest days
- Equal opportunity for all without discrimination
- Zero tolerance policies for harassment and abuse
- Empowering employees for career advancement
- Freedom of engagement with management, providing the means for employees to
freely voice their concerns and opinions and to engage with management without
fear of reprisals and retribution
Flextronics is a founding member of The Electronic Industry Citizenship
Coalition (EICC), a group of companies working together to create a
comprehensive set of tools and methods that support collaborative implementation
of the Electronics Industry Code of Conduct. This code contains best practices
detailing performance, compliance, auditing and reporting guidelines across five
areas of social responsibility: labor, health and safety, environmental and
management systems and ethics.
The Electronics Industry Code of Conduct, paired with Flextronics' internal Code
of Business Conduct and Ethics, form the foundation of Flextronics' commitment
towards upholding the human and labor rights of our people.
Flextronics’ engagement with the Global Business Initiative on Human Rights
(GBI), which started in 2010, further solidifies our commitment to enhance our
best practices for continuous advancement in line with our commitment to build a
community with respect and dignity.
GBI, a unique business-led initiative focused on advancing human rights in a
business context around the world, strives to bring together corporate leaders
to share good practices, while identifying barriers to the advancement of human
rights and providing input for international policy developments. GBI works
together with the UN Global Compact Office and is supported by the Swiss